Sup world! Welcome to my fancy web log. I know there are a lot of words, but some of them are funny ones. So read up, pad'nah.



Saturday, September 18, 2010

5 Albums that changed my life

A friend of mine once did a Myspace blog post about 10 Albums that changed his life. I am going to copy him now, and do the exact same thing.


A) "American Idiot" -Green Day
-A lot of people think this album sucked. Well I happen to think you suck. This opened my eyes to the wonderful world of Green Day, and brought me out of that horrendous rap music stage. They wrote music that a bruting, lonely, emo teenager could connect to (Jesus of Suburbia) and music I could belt out in my car (American Idiot)

2) "...And Out Come the Wolves" -Rancid
-This I think is one of the best albums I have ever heard, classified by the fact I like nearly every song on the album. This band trickled into my playlist by my good friend Alan, and then exploded into the only thing I listened to by my boyfriend Wyatt. The fast beats and good lyrics and vocal diversity (when more than one person in the band is the vocalist) opened my eyes to a fantastic scene I had only ever dreamed of. Hardcore people that shared my need for rebellion and diversity from the mainstream. And it has kick ass lyrics as I already mentioned.

C) "Remains" -Alkaline Trio
-Although the first album I heard was "Good Mourning" this one is definitely my favorite of their many studio albums. It has beautifully written songs anyone can connect with like "Queen of Pain", "Jaked on Green Beers", "Hell Yes", and perhaps even "My Standard Break From Life". It has one of the most memorable covers that I have ever seen, and the most interesting tracklist I have ever heard. Love this album.

4) "Sing When You're Winning" -Robbie Williams
-This is the first album I remember ever having a physical copy of. I was running around with it on Christmas when I was just a wee lass. I remember singing to these songs from all the way back when I lived in England at the tender age of 7, dancing in my living room. I have been a lifelong, royal fan to Robbie for 10+ years, and I don't think a lot of people have that kind of connection with any musician really. It has provocative songs like "Rock DJ", and heartbreaking songs like "Better Man" and "The Road to Mandalay". Truly a great album that has definitely changed my life.

5) "Mommy's Little Monster" -Social Distortion
-Again, a band brought to my attention by Wyatt, this album is one of the best I think they have released. Although it doesn't have much any 'hits' on it, I love the song "Mommy's Little Monster". Perfect tune for rebellion and just going against everything everyone says is right, and doing what you want. I love that motif.

1 comment:

  1. RE Sing When You're Winning by a young Robbie Williams....

    I also recall you with it in your little personal CD player blasting it in your bed one time when I came round to see y'all!

    Andrew :)

    ReplyDelete